RSS

An online diary of someone who tends to forget easily.

My Childhood Sweetheart

What does "Puppy Love" means?
Puppy Love according to Wikipedia is (also known as a crush or calf love even "kitten love") is an informal term for feelings of love between young people during childhood and adolescence,so-called for its resemblance to the adoring, worshipful affection that may be felt by a puppy. The term is often used in a derogatory fashion, describing emotions which are shallow and transient in comparison to other forms of love such as romantic love.

The term can also be used to describe the fondness of a child for an adult. For example, students’ being attracted to their teachers, their friends' parents, or children to older celebrities, could be considered puppy love.


********************************************************************

I have a habit of checking my email and social networking accounts every day at night. Last week, while after I logged in to Facebook account, I found messages from someone and a friend request from the same person. I was shocked when I saw from whom were all those messages are. Yes! You go it right! These were all from my childhood sweetheart.

In his messages, he introduced himself and asked for my contact number. The next thing I did is to check on his profile. From the way I see it, it looks like he is a newly registered Facebook user. What makes it even obvious is because I'm his only friend! Ha!

I replied to his messages to confirm if he is really my childhood classmate, friend, and the one with whom I had puppy love.

The next day, when I got home from work, I logged in again to check if there's a reply from him. I was not disappointed. He confirmed he is the one that I thought he is…its good thing that he introduced himself because I won't recognize him if he didn’t do that. We've talked by sending messages/replies in Facebook. He asked for my number but I ignored him and just asked questions about his life.

The next day, he still wants to get my contact number so I gave it. A few minutes later, I heard my phone ringing. I knew it was him. I checked and saw there is no phone number registered since he's calling from Japan. As I answer the call, it was not even 'Hello' or 'Hi', it was 'How are you?', that's the first thing I heard from him. I pretended not to know him and ask who he is.

We've talked about how has been our life and finally ended the conversation.

I find it strange that while talking I didn't feel awkward or even nervous, knowing it’s been 11 years since our communication was stopped.

After the call, he's been sending messages to me on Facebook, chatting with me whenever I'm online, calling me, etc. We're both happy that we were able to see each other again, even if it's just through online, after 11 years.

We used to go to same school when we were still elementary students. He's been my classmate since grade 2 until grade 4. When we were grade 5 students we were not classmates because I was in different class section.
I didn't spend my 6th year in elementary in the same school. My family and I transferred to different place so I have to continue studying in different school. That's how we separate.

After that, we were not able to see or even communicate with each other anymore. I remember myself crying because I missed him so much. When I think about it now, I can't help but laugh. At an early stage, I felt my heart was broken when we were separated.
I thought I still like him but I was wrong. I'm happy to meet him again because he's been a part of my life in the past. Now if he will still be part of it, I will gladly welcome him as my friend.

Sometimes, I can tell that he still likes me. Its obvious based on our conversations...but I don't like him anymore the way I like him before. It’s been 11 years. There have been so many changes in my life, feelings, personality, etc. He wants to meet me when he will go back here in our country (Philippines). I also want to meet him so we can talk as FRIENDS.

What I can't forget about him is that even at a young age, he is the first one who liked me so much and the one who made my cry when we separate because I had to live somewhere else. He is my childhood sweetheart. I will never forget our past...our puppy love (aka young love).

“Feelings change…memories don’t.”

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment