RSS

An online diary of someone who tends to forget easily.

I want a Maltese Puppy!

I suddenly remember the dog in the salon where I went yesterday. The dog is soooo cute and funny! Haha.. Then I also have a Korean girl friend who have a very cute Maltese puppy! I've researched about it and I found these cute pictures! I will save some money so I can buy myself next year. I'm afraid of dogs but I want to have a Maltese puppy. I also like them to stay small and cute... I want a puppy that will always be a puppy forever. I don't like big dogs! Looks scary haha.. Here are the pictures:










For more information about Maltese Dogs, read below.


According to Wikipedia, the Maltese is a small breed of dog in the toy group, known for its silky white hair, though many owners of pet Maltese give them a short "puppy cut" for ease of grooming. The Maltese breed is descended from dogs originating in the Central Mediterranean Area. The breed name and origins are generally understood to derive from the Mediterranean island of Malta; however, the name is sometimes described with reference to the Adriatic island of Mljet, or a defunct Sicilian town called Melita.


Characteristics include slightly rounded skulls, with a finger-wide dome and black nose that is two finger-widths long. The body is compact with the length equaling the height. The drop ears with long hair and very dark eyes, surrounded by darker skin pigmentation (called a "halo"), gives Maltese their expressive look. Their noses can fade and become pink or light brown in color without exposure to sunlight. This is often referred to as a "winter nose" and many times will become black again with increased exposure to the sun.


Maltese are bred to be cuddly companion dogs, and thrive on love and attention. They are extremely lively and playful, and even as a Maltese ages, his or her energy level and playful demeanor remain fairly constant. Some Maltese may occasionally be snappish with smaller children and should be supervised when playing, although socializing them at a young age will reduce this habit. The Maltese is very active within a house, and, preferring enclosed spaces, does very well with small yards. For this reason, the breed also fares well in apartments and townhouses, and is a prized pet of urban dwellers. Maltese also suffer from separation anxiety, so potential owners should be cognizant of this behavior.


Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maltese_(dog)

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment