RSS

An online diary of someone who tends to forget easily.

Why I can't do it

I always do the same things everyday. Sometimes I feel like I just exist. I do things because I have to. What else can I do if this is how it should be? Confused with what I'm talking about?  Well, for you to understand, continue reading.



From Monday until Friday I just stay in the office for 8 hours, working in front of the computer, sometimes surfing the net when there's not much work to do. When it's already 5 o'clock in the afternoon, I will go home, rest, eat, take a bath, watch TV, and sleep. This routine is what I do every day. Then here comes Saturday and Sunday. What do I do every weekend? Most of the time...nothing. I just stay in our house with my family. Sometimes I like it but sometimes it's kinda boring. Why not go somewhere else aside our house? Where? The Mall? Yes, I do go there sometimes. When I have something to buy or something to do, that's the only time I will go outside our house. But if there are no scheduled date with friends/family whatsoever, I will just stay at home watching TV or doing stuffs in front of the PC. That's it.


Lately, I just realized that I'm not getting any younger. I want to do a lot of things in my life. I want to travel and do different activities in different places/countries. I want to try new things that I've never done before. I want to travel a lot. But then...I can't. Why? Because I don't have enough time to spend for vacation since I'm a full-time employee. I don't have enough money because there's some things I need to buy for myself and for my family. I don't have someone/friends to go with me. It's kinda frustrating sometimes. But then, what can I do? This is life. I'm not that rich to spend a lot of money for that kind of thing. I'm not also free to spend long vacation without worrying my responsibilities in the office. Oh men, it's kinda tough, right?


Maybe this is one of my reasons why I want to work in different country. To earn more so I can save more. But then I'm confused if I'm qualified and if I can do work abroad. I mean it's a different country which I think has different things compared to the Philippines. I'm also doubting my skills as an IT Professional. Being in this industry, there are a lot of competitors so it's not gonna be that easy to have a good job abroad. Other than the culture adjustment, there's homesick that I'll definitely have to deal with. But, I'm still hoping one day, I will be blessed with a great opportunity so I can do the things I want to do while I'm still young and single. Life is short, so I want to make the most out of it.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

2 comments:

MademoisElla Coquine said...

Hi Ghee, I just found your blog and I love it! I like your inspirational quotes. I understand how you're feeling, i feel that every day I am just going through the motions..work, gym, bath, bed. Writing helps as an outlet though. You should look into relocating abroad somewhere, there are tons of programs you can join, like teaching jobs. Its worth a look!

Check out my blog sometime which focuses on change and improvement during a rough patch:
http://ellacoquine.blogspot.com/

ghee said...

Hi, I saw your comment just now. Thanks. I'll check your blog. :)

Post a Comment