RSS

An online diary of someone who tends to forget easily.

Remembering Friendster...


While I'm not so busy at work, I planned to write something about my BFF since 1st year college but I found myself reading my blog post last August 2010. It is about the Testimonials created for me by my friends. Most of the testimonials here were written 4 or 5 years ago? I'm not sure haha! But it's just so funny to read all of the things they said about me. If you want to read the blog post I'm talking about, click this link - From Friendster to Blogger


I remember when I was still in college, my friends keeps on telling me to join the social networking site - Friendster. I keep on saying I don't like stuffs like that especially to someone like me who doesn't even have a personal computer at home. I can't always check it and I don't like making friends online. Then after months or years of being not interested about it, one day I found myself creating my own Friendster account. I created one because my ex boyfriend Mr. C has one and I want to check his profile and testimonials. Then as I checked on his account, I read a testimonial from a girl who claimed that she is his girlfriend. I checked on the date when it was posted and if I remember it right, I saw that it was 1 month after our breakup. She also mentioned that they've been seeing each other or they've been together for almost 2 months. I'm not really sure with the dates but one thing is clear... He cheated on me. I realized I made the right decision to end our relationship. He is someone who can't love me for being me. I felt like I was never enough for him. :)


Then the Friendster madness begin! Haha! I mean, I always make testimonials to my friends on how great and crazy they are, then in return I'd ask them to make one for me too. I'm so kulit and I find it cute and sweet when they leave testimonials on my page no matter how short or long it may be. I love reading them. I hate going to some of my friends pages where they use a theme with bright colors and different annoying colors for their fonts! haha! I also uploaded a lot of photos before. Then I realized that it's fun to have a Friendster page, I'm so happy I had one before! :)


Now that Facebook is the most popular social networking site on Earth, sometimes I still miss Friendster. One feature that I really love about it that Facebook doesn't have is the 'Testimonial Page'. Why? It's because you can see which friend really know you and which are those that were just forced to make a 'testi' for you, hahaha! It's fun making kulit your friends to post anything about you, your friendship, or anything under the sun! Hahaha! :)


Wow! I didn't notice that I wrote a lot about this topic. Hahaha! I have so many things that I want to share in this blog! Soon I know I will be able to post them, one by one. Hahaha! Anyway, that's it for now, I have to go back to work. Have a great Wednesday! :)

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment