RSS

An online diary of someone who tends to forget easily.

My Life in 2012


JANUARY 2012
New Year Celebration with Valencia Clan
>I can't remember much about this month. All I know is we spent the first day of the year with the Valencia clan. It's a yearly event that we always attend because it's the time when my Papa's family and relatives gather together to celebrate the New Year.

FEBRUARY 2012
Our First Valentine's Day
>First Valentine with Gyun-Wo as my boyfriend. He gave me a dozen red roses and we celebrated by having our dinner in Hyun Jeong Restaurant that serves Korean food.

MARCH 2012
Thinking, Planning, etc.
>Thinking and planning to quit my current job to pursue my long time dream.. to move to another country to work and live alone or with someone (Gyun Wo). I've been wanting to do that but I just don't know when. I told Gyun-Wo about it and he seems to be interested in doing that as well. So we came up with a plan after thinking about it really hard.

APRIL 2012
Planning and Preparation for the major goal...
>We have a lot of questions in mind.. and because of that we did our best to find answers to those questions. We asked Google and our friends who have experienced the adventure we were about to take. We consulted our families and friends about it. We really talked and think about the plan if we are really going to push through it this year. 

MAY 2012
Resignation
>Finally we came up with a decision that is a really risky and scary thing to do. We sent our resignation letters to our bosses. We informed some of our friends about it. Days after submitting the letters we made sure that our family and loved ones understand what we just did. 

JUNE 2012
Last month at work in FAST
>A busy month. The feeling of sadness because you're leaving your loved ones soon and the excitement on what are the new experiences you're gonna get in the next few months is really something I can't forget. I'm sad because there's so many things and people I'm gonna miss. I'm scared about the risks we are taking. I'm excited to go in our adventure and share it to my loved ones. I'm praying that it will all go well. There's just a lot of emotions that I felt during this month. I also did a lot of shopping as a preparation of what's gonna happen the next month.

JULY 2012
As changes begin...
>We began to learn a lot of things on our own! This is one of the things we really want to do. To be independent. I heard comments from other people saying I'll find it hard to be away from my parents when it's time for me to get married because I've been so dependent to them especially with my mom for a very long time. I don't blame or hate them for having such thought about that. All I know is I have very loving parents. So it's just Gyun Wo and I together, exploring and experiencing the new adventure of our life in another country.

AUGUST 2012
The critical month...
>Gyun-Wo being a programmer/developer, I'm so happy and proud that he was able to get a job weeks after applying online and attending interviews. It's a big help he was able to work early than we expected. Then I was left, trying my very best to get a job before my visit pass and pass extension expires so I won't have to go out somewhere and re-enter to get a month of stay again here (just like what most of the tourist do I did that too). But after almost 2 months I still fail to get a job. It was so hard. I was depressed and crying and worried. I was really praying and trying to be brave and to focus on the positive side of everything even if it's not very easy!

SEPTEMBER 2012
First goal accomplished!
>It was my Mom's birth month and I miss her so much. I didn't buy anything for her. She also told me she's been praying for my success in reaching my goal and that they miss me so much. 

Well,. the thing is.. after a lot of hardwork and praying I was blessed with a good offer in a well known company in this country. I started to work and live my dream. It wasn't that easy but I can handle it. I gained new friends and a lot of new learnings about my career. A blessed month I guess. Actually after crying so hard worrying I will go home with my mission failed, someone called me and told me the good news so I was really really happy and thankful.

OCTOBER 2012
First Anniversary
>We celebrated it in a very simple way. We didn't even have money to buy gifts to give for each other. Gyun Wo bought a slice of cake, pasta, and chicken for our dinner. That's it. It wasn't that special but for us what's important is that we are together in that day. I just wish that the way we feel and treat each other won't change. I hope he won't get tired of loving me and being sweet to me. Sometimes I just feel he's so used to seeing and being with me everyday that he doesn't miss me anymore and he's not as sweet as before. Is that really how it is when you're a year older together?! Haha! And I realized I became sweeter than before. Haha!

Ah it's also my Papa's birth month. I also miss him but I know soon I'll be home to spend some time with them. I miss my loving family so much!

NOVEMBER 2012
Homesick strikes bigtime!
>As what I previously mentioned here, I started missing my loved ones in PH when I feel that I'm really celebrating Christmas without them. They're in PH, I'm in SG. The Christmas spirit is really different here. It's happier and more exciting if I'm in PH. When homesickness strikes I sometimes cry and sometimes I just do something else to make me happy. I don't want to be sad because we are so blessed. It's part of the sacrifice to be away from them for a little while. Time flies so fast so in few more months I know I can go home to spend time with them.

DECEMBER 2012
First Christmas Away From Home
>Yes that's right. I'm gonna spend Christmas for the first time in a different country. At first we planned to just spend it here in SG but Gyun Wo suggested that we go visit his uncle in Malaysia and then when he told his uncle about it, he was told that we will also go to Thailand! Hahaha! Oh well, how about that?! It's a great way to forget the sadness and to just be happy that our loved ones even if we are not with them, we are happy and thankful that we are all safe, healthy, and alive. That's the greatest blessing we should always be thankful for. I'm excited for our long vacay! Ah this month is also our birth month so December is really our fave month of the year! 

Well that's it. I guess I just did it. My life in the year 2012. I'm not so busy so I spent some time to write briefly about my life for the past 11 months! It's been a great year for me, for Gyun Wo, and for our loved ones. We are all so blessed and grateful. I hope it will continue and improve for the next year.. and the next year.. decade.. century.. forever! Let's cheers to that! ^_^


  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment